Outstanding Paperwork instantly identifies transactions that you've paid for (and appear in your Bank Feed), but that you haven't yet submitted paperwork to Receipt Bank for.
You might receive an Outstanding Paperwork if you use Receipt Bank alongside an Accountant or Bookkeeper.
Note: Item Messaging (part of the Targeted Communication package) is included in Optimize Partner Accounts and Premium Direct accounts, and available as a purchasable add-on for Extract and Streamline Partner Accounts. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
This feature is available for client accounts integrated with Xero or Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
Receiving an Outstanding Paperwork report
You'll receive an Outstanding Paperwork report as a push notification on your phone. Tap on the notification to see a summary of each of the transactions that you need to provide paperwork for.
Tap into the transaction to;
- Take a picture of the receipt to attach to the transaction
- Dismiss the paperwork request or assign it to another person in your company. Doing this will notify your accountant.
Creating an Outstanding Paperwork report
You can create an Outstanding Paperwork report in the following ways:
Click any of the metrics in the ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ section of the Client View. [You must have a client integrated with Xero or Sage for this column to appear]
Click the ‘Missing Paperwork’ icon displayed in the top-left of the Client Inbox. [The client account must be integrated with Xero or Sage for this icon to appear]
- The ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ feature is currently available only for accounts integrated with Xero and Sage.
- If an item is still in processing, it will be shown as missing in the ‘Outstanding Paperwork’ report.
- The metric updates once a day with the initial log-in and considers all bank items going back 6 months, for all client bank accounts within their respective Xero or Sage account.