The Inbox is where you can view and manage documentation that’s been submitted to a Receipt Bank account.
There are two different Inboxes in your Receipt Bank account: one for your Costs and one for your Sales. You can transfer documents between the Costs and Sales Inboxes by selecting the item using the checkboxes down the left side of the page and clicking ‘Tools’ and ‘Convert to Costs/Sales’.
Submitted receipts, invoices and other documentation will be displayed as rows in the inbox. You can quickly view the details associated with the submitted document from the Inbox page, or take a closer look at the associated data by pressing the hyperlink in the ‘TYPE’ column. This will navigate you to the Item Detail page.
Your Inbox is split into two sections:
- To Review
The columns in the Inbox indicate the following:
- ‘User’ Field: Indicates which Client User submitted the item.
- ‘Type’ Field: Indicates the Type of document has been submitted. (E.G: Invoice, Receipt, Credit Note). Clicking on the Type field for a single item will navigate you to the Receipt Details page, which provides a more in-depth view of the item.
- ‘Date’ Field: Indicates the date that the document was issued. If Receipt Bank cannot detect a date on the document image, it will use the date that the item was submitted instead.
- ‘Supplier’ Field: Indicates the supplier who issued the document.
- ‘Total’ Field: Indicates the currency and total value of the item, including the tax amount.
- ‘Tax’ Field: Indicates the tax amount of the item.
- ‘Category’ Field: Indicates which section of your Chart of Accounts this item will be recorded under. You can quickly edit this using the dropdown menu in each row.
- ‘Note’ Field: Receipt Bank will leave Notes next to items that require attention. These will let you know important information about an item that may not be immediately visible. (E.G: duplicate items that have been submitted and automatically merged).
- ‘Status’ Field: This indicates whether an item is ready to be published, or requires further information before it can be exported to Cloud Accounting Software. If this item is Ready for Export, a green Publish button will be displayed. If the item is Not Ready for Export, a red icon will be displayed. You can hover your mouse over a Not Ready for Export icon to find out more about what is required before you can Publish an item.
You can click on each of these fields to organise your inbox according to their criteria.