The Match feature identifies Receipt Bank items that already have a matching transaction in your Xero Bank Feed or your Xero Cash-Coded Payments.
Note: this feature is only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline & Optimize products. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
Bank Match skips the normal process of publishing to Xero. Instead, press the 'Bank Match' button, and your transaction will be sent straight to reconcile against the corresponding entry in the Xero Bank feed.
Paperwork Match looks at existing Xero payments that don't have an attached image. Don't worry about trying to merge it with a picture in Receipt Bank, just press the 'Paperwork Match' button and we'll attach our image to your existing Xero records.
When working in the Inbox, you may notice green and black icons in the ‘Match’ column of Xero-integrated accounts.
Bank Match [Black Icon]: This document matches an entry on the Xero Bank Feed. Use Bank Match to publish the item straight from Receipt Bank to reconcile in Xero
Paperwork Match [Green Icon]: This document matches an existing payment in Xero. Use Paperwork Match to attach the Receipt Bank image to the record in Xero.
Matching items are determined based on:
- Matching supplier names (for Paperwork match only).
- Matching total amount
- Matching payment date (Match considers entries paid within the next 10 days of the document date, to allow for payment to be taken from the bank account).
Hover your mouse over the ‘Match’ icon to review information about your matching Xero transaction.
Bank Match Items:
- Click into the Receipt Details page for the item. Review the Category field and any other tracking information.
- Click 'Autofill Payment' to complete the Payment details for this item. The data is pulled through from Xero.
- Publish your item. You can find it in the 'Reconcile' screen in Xero.
Paperwork Match Items:
- Click the green ‘Paperwork Match’ icon.
- The document image will be automatically attached to the corresponding payment in Xero. We will not publish any data from Receipt Bank, just the document image to the existing record in Xero. The item will be archived in Receipt Bank.