You can configure your settings to merge duplicate items automatically, be notified and review them yourself or turn it off.
These settings can be applied as a default rule to all, turned off for a specific supplier and bulk edited for multiple suppliers.
- Turning off auto-merge or reviewing duplicates will create duplicate items in Dext Prepare if the same document is added more than once
- For items set to be automatically reviewed & merged, duplicate items will be deleted and can be found in the submission history.
- Items that are a potential duplicate of an item that has been archived will show in the cost workspace as a potential duplicate
Use the unmerge tool to separate merged items back into single entries on Dext Prepare.
Account Level Settings:
1. Go to ‘My profile’ > ‘System Settings’
2. Then ‘Duplicate Items’
3. Selects account level rule from dropdown list
Supplier Rules Settings:
1. Turns off auto-merging for an individual supplier
2. Go to ‘Suppliers’ > ‘Supplier Rules’
3. Then ‘Merge duplicate items’
4. Selects supplier level rule from dropdown list
Bulk Edit Supplier Rules:
1. User clicks ‘Suppliers’
2. Select multiple suppliers via checkboxes
3. Click ‘Bulk Edit’
4. Select supplier level rule from dropdown list labeled ‘Merge duplicate items’
b) the flash banner on the item detail page > ‘Review items’
2. A modal to review the duplicate images will load
3. The duplicate items can be reconciled the following ways:
a) Click ‘No, it’s a different purchase’ button > ‘Done’ > you will be returned to the cost inbox or item detail page. (Items marked as non duplicate are sent to the inbox as a new separate item.)
b) Click ‘Yes, it’s the same purchase’ button > click to ‘Delete image’ or ‘Attach image to original purchase’ to remove or keep the duplicate image