Supplier Rules establish routine behaviours that take affect whenever documents from specific suppliers are uploaded to Receipt Bank.
Note: this feature is only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline & Optimize products. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
It's common that a business will purchase the same type of goods or services from a single supplier, for example;
- Uber receipts are always categorised as a travel expense
- Adobe, Google, Apple & Microsoft receipts are always categorised as IT costs
- Gas and Electricity bills are always categorised under utility costs
Supplier Rules automate this behaviour, so that you don't need to review predictable paperwork from repeat suppliers.
You can use Supplier Rules to assign a default;
- Invoice due date
- Tax rate
- Payment Method
- Paid/unpaid status
You may be able to set supplier rules for more fields if your account is integrated with an accounting software. Please note that the following integrations QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage 50 support the ability to have suppliers in multiple currencies, e.g CAD and USD.
Once you've set a supplier rule, it will be applied every time a new transaction from that supplier is uploaded to Receipt Bank. It will also be applied to every existing transaction from that supplier in the Inbox.
To set a supplier rule:
- Navigate to the Item Details page for a document from the supplier
- Click 'Set supplier rules'
- Fill in details for each field that you'd like to automate
- Click 'Close'. Your fields will save automatically.
- Click on the Supplier's name to enter the 'Supplier Rules page'
- Add or change any supplier rules using the editable fields.