Supplier and Customer Rules establish routine behaviors that take effect whenever documents from specific suppliers or customers are uploaded to Receipt Bank.
Note: these features are only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline & Optimize products. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
It is common that a business will purchase the same type of goods or services from a single supplier or customer, for example:
- Uber receipts are always categorized as a travel expense
- Adobe, Google, Apple, and Microsoft receipts are always categorized as IT costs
- Gas and Electricity bills are always categorized under utility costs
Rules automate this behavior so that you don't need to review predictable paperwork from repeat suppliers or customers.
You can use Supplier Rules or Customer Rules to assign a default:
- Invoice due date
- Tax rate
- Payment Method
- Paid/Unpaid status
Note: You may be able to set rules for more fields if your account is integrated with accounting software. Please note that the following integrations QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage 50 support the ability to have suppliers in multiple currencies, e.g CAD and USD.
Once you've set a rule, it will be applied every time a new transaction from that supplier or customer is uploaded to Receipt Bank. It will also be applied to every existing transaction from that supplier or customer in the Inbox.
To set a rule:
- Navigate to the Item Details page for a document from the supplier or customer
- Click 'Set supplier rules' or 'Set customer rules' based on relevance
- Fill in details for each field that you'd like to automate
- Click 'Close'. Your fields will save automatically.
- Click on the Supplier or Customer's name to enter the Rules page.
- Add or change any rules using the editable fields.