If you're one of Receipt Bank's accountant or bookkeeper partners, you may need to add receipts, bills, invoices or other financial paperwork to your clients' accounts for them.
This can be the case if they send you the physical copies of their source documentation, or you want to manage exactly what gets uploaded to their account.
You can submit items on your clients’ behalf using any of the main Receipt Bank submission methods.
Read below to find out how to upload documents for your clients using:
- Single-scan or batch-scan all documents and save them on your computer
- Access the Receipt Bank Inbox for your client
- Click the ‘+ Add Items’ button at the top of the page
- Click the ‘Upload’ tab
- Select whether you are uploading a single item (One document, no matter how many pages), multiple items within a .ZIP file, or multiple items (In which any pages in a multi-page document is treated as a separate item).
- Select the person who owns these documents using the ‘Owner’ dropdown.
- Drag-and-drop the files onto the green platform.
Send any digital Receipts and Invoices to your clients’ email-in address. You can view this in the E-mail tab of the ‘Add Items’ menu.
iOS Mobile App
To submit on behalf of your clients using the iOS mobile phone app:
- Download the Receipt Bank mobile app from the Apple app store
- Log in using the same username and password that you use to access your partner account on the Receipt Bank web app
- You are taken to your practice's inbox. This is coloured blue and has the name of your practice and username at the top of the screen
- Tap the Client Management icon in the top-right of the screen to access a list of your clients, and the users in each account:
- Tap the name of the client user you are submitting on behalf of. You will be taken to their inbox, which is coloured orange and includes their name at the top of the screen:
- Submit your clients' documents as usual by tapping the Camera icon, taking a picture of the document, and adding any necessary details to the image.
- When finished, tap the back arrow in the top-left of the screen to return to your client list.
Android Mobile App
To submit documents on your client’s behalf using the Android mobile app, you’ll need to set yourself - or your practice - up as a separate user within their individual client account. This can be done in the following way:
- Navigate to the client’s Receipt Bank Inbox
- Click ‘Account Settings’ menu in the top-right corner.
- Click on the ‘Maintain Users’ tab down the left hand side of the page
- Click ‘Add New User’
- Fill in your personal details for the ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘E-mail’ and ‘Password’ fields. If you are on Extract plan, you need to create the user first and then update their password.
IMPORTANT - Use '@rbsubmit.com' to create a secure email address to use as your Bookkeeping User login. This means you can keep track of multiple client account logins without creating multiple email addresses
Here’s a suggestion on how to create a standardised format for all of your client-base:
|Client name:||Hampstead Music Supplies|
NOTE - Remember to use a secure but memorable password
- Download the Receipt Bank Mobile App (if you haven’t already)
- Access the ‘Account Settings’ page of the mobile app
- Tap ‘Add Existing Account’
- Enter the username (email) and password you created during step 5
Now, whenever you’re logged into this account and submit an item to Receipt Bank, it will be uploaded directly to the client’s account.
NOTE - Ensure that you’re logged on to the correct account if you submit for multiple clients. You can quickly change between your accounts from the ‘Account Settings’ page of the Mobile App. The active account is indicated with a check mark.