Turn on 2-factor authentication for an extra layer of security when you log in to your Receipt Bank account. It’s designed so to make sure that you’re the only person who can access your account, even if someone else knows your password.
When 2-factor authentication is activated, anyone trying to log in to your Receipt Bank account will need two different security measures. These are:
- Your username and password
- A security code from an app on your phone, such as Google Authenticator, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator or any other free authenticator apps.
After you’ve entered your username and password to log in to Receipt Bank, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code. This is generated by the authenticator app on your mobile phone, and makes sure that no-one else has the information needed to access your account.
After you've typed in your Authentication code, you can select 'Don't ask me for the code for 7 days'. This will keep your account authenticated for the next 7 days. You won't need to enter a new code, even if you sign in to Receipt Bank from a different device or browser.
To turn on 2-factor authentication:
- Log in to your Receipt Bank account
- Click on ‘Account Settings’ and ‘My Details’.
- Click ‘Enable’ on ‘2-factor authentication’
- Read the instructions and then click ‘Get Started’
- Enter the password you use to log in to Receipt Bank. Click ‘Next’.
- Scan the QR code using your authenticator app, or use the ‘Enter Manually’ menu to type the 16-digit code in to your authenticator app.
- Copy the 6-digit code from your authenticator app into the setup screen on Receipt Bank. Click ’Next.
- You’ll be shown a number of backup codes. Copy these and keep them safe. You should only use these to log in to Receipt Bank if you don’t have your phone and cannot access the authenticator app. After you use a backup code once, you won’t be able to use it again.
- Click ‘Enable two-step authentication’. The setup is now complete.
- If you ever want to deactivate 2-factor authentication, return to the ‘My Details’ section of the ‘Account Details’ page and click ‘Disable’.