Integrating your Dext Prepare and Xero Cashbook or Xero Ledger account will ensure that receipts, invoices and other paperwork are extracted and formatted in the perfect way for your end-to-end financial process.
To integrate with Xero:
- Select 'Connections' on the menu bar to the left of the page
- Select ‘Integrations’
Find out more about the different Dext Prepare products here.
- Click ‘Choose Integration’
- Select Xero from the menu
- Follow the on-screen instructions. These will instruct you to log in to your Xero account to complete the integration.
- Use the 'Publish all items to bank account' setting to specify a default section of Xero you'd like to publish Dext Prepare documents to.
- Start uploading your financial paperwork to Dext Prepare
- Categorise and code the transactions in the software.
- Publish your documents Xero by clicking the Publish button. They will be sent to the 'Bank account' field that you set in step 6, or that you specified in the 'Publishing' section of the Item Details page.
- After you've published, your items will appear in the 'Reconcile' page of the bank account you selected in Dext Prepare.
Note: Any documents that haven't been paid yet will sit under 'Account Transactions' until the payment appears in your Bank Statement or Bank Feed
Note: Duplicate items will be merged to prevent repeated transactions in your Xero account