It’s simple to start using your Receipt Bank Extract account with Xero Cashbook or Xero Ledger:
1. Please login to your Receipt Bank Extract account, then open your 'Account Settings' menu.
2. You'll be taken to the 'General' tab. Click 'Choose Integration', select Xero and follow the steps.
3. When complete, you will be taken back to Receipt Bank. From the dropdown, select a default Xero bank account to export your information to, once Receipt Bank has extracted the data:
5. The system will auto-code your items, where possible. You can review and amend them afterwards.
6. When you’re happy with the data extracted, you can publish them to Xero by clicking the green “Publish” button. These will go to the default bank account you selected after integrating with Xero. You can change this bank account in the 'Account Settings' at any time.
7. Once published, the items will be ready for reconciliation in Xero, in the bank account you selected in Receipt Bank.
8. Any items that are unpaid (that is, have yet to appear on the bank statement) will sit under Account Transactions until the matching line is added.
9. Duplicate items will be merged to prevent errors in your Xero. You can split these if you like.
10. If you're on a multi-user account, you can add users from the Maintain users tab.