Having trouble sending your documents from Receipt Bank to Desktop? These troubleshooting tips aim to fix problems when publishing has failed, or has taken a long time to finish.
For QuickBooks Desktop:
- Check the machine hosting your QBD company files is turned on and connected to the internet
- Check that the connector is installed on the computer/server that hosts your QBD company files
- Check that the connector has permission to access, read and modify your QBD company file. You can view and change this permission by clicking the ‘Preferences’>’Integrations’ menu of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check that the QuickBooks Desktop file is open and the connector is running
- Re-link the connector with the company file. Leave the connector and company file running overnight while you publish your files from Receipt Bank to QuickBooks desktop
For Sage 50 UK:
- Check the machine hosting your Sage 50 company files is turned on and connected to the internet
- Check that the connector is installed on the computer/server that hosts your Sage 50 company files
- Check that the connector is running
- If not already done, ensure you have created a new user for your Sage 50 company file. This is to be used exclusively for the connector and should not be the login used by anyone accessing Sage 50 on a daily basis.
- Open the Sage 50 Connector from the tray icon (often found in the bottom right toolbar on a computer running Windows). Do this by right-clicking the connector icon and selecting 'Open Sage 50 Connector'.
- Enter the above, newly created user's username and password in the username and password field in the Sage 50 Connector.
- Finally select Perform sync so that the new user's credentials are used to access the Sage 50 company file for all subsequent syncs.