Note February 2021: This article refers to an older version of our Sage 50 integration. Click here for instructions on how to use our new Dext Connect app to seamlessly integrate with your Sage 50 accounts.
Please note that our Sage 50 integration is unavailable in the US or France.
This article covers some solutions to try if the daily sync between Dext Prepare and Sage 50 is not working, or if publishing items is taking too long.
Check the internet:
- Check the machine hosting your Sage 50 company files is turned on and connected to the internet
Check that your anti-virus software is not blocking the connector:
- The connector can be mis-identified as a threat and blocked or uninstalled. The solution is to whitelist the folder where the connector has been installed.
Check the connector:
- Check that the connector is installed on the computer/server that hosts your Sage 50 company files
- Check that the connector is running
Ensure the connector is integrated with a dummy Sage 50 user:
- Sage 50 can only receive data from Dext Prepare in real-time if it is connected using a user that is not logged in to Sage 50. Create a new user in Sage 50 called 'Dext', then:
- Open the Sage 50 Connector from the tray icon (often found in the bottom right toolbar on a computer running Windows). Do this by right-clicking the connector icon and selecting 'Open Sage 50 Connector'.
- Enter the newly created user's username and password in the username and password field in the Sage 50 Connector.
- Finally select Perform Sync so that the new user's credentials are used to access the Sage 50 company file for all subsequent syncs.