Please note that our Sage 50 integration is currently only available for UK accounts and is in early-access. If you'd like to work with us during the Beta period please contact your Account Manager.
An integration between Receipt Bank and Sage 50 will sync your Chart of Accounts and Supplier Lists between the two pieces of software and allows you to publish your transactions directly to Sage 50.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Internet Speed: Average UK speeds (at least 10 Mb/s).
The integration has to be on the same environment that hosts the company’s Sage 50 files. This is typically the same computer that has Sage 50 installed. For instructions on how to check, click here.
You must also have a dummy user created in Sage 50 with which to perform the integration.
Note: If you run Sage 50 on a hosted server environment, the connector must be installed where the ODBC drivers for Sage 50 are installed.
Create a Dummy User in Sage 50
Sage 50 can only receive data from Receipt Bank in real-time if it is integrated using a Sage 50 user profile that is not currently logged in. Otherwise delays in publishing items may occur.
We recommend that you create a dummy user profile in Sage 50 called 'Receipt Bank' with which to perform the initial integration (this user must have full access permissions for the account). For instructions on how to do so click here. Log-out from this user profile and continue using your regular Sage 50 user profile once the integration is complete.
To integrate with Sage 50 follow these steps:
- Log in to Receipt Bank
- Access the ‘Integration’ section of the ‘Connections' tab
- Press ‘Choose Integration’. Click ‘Sage 50 UK’ and ‘Connect to Sage 50’
- This will automatically provide a license key and download a program called ‘receipt-bank-sage50-connector.exe’
- Open the ‘receipt-bank-sage50-connector.exe’ program and enter the license key provided.
- Next, select the Company Name then confirm the Data Directory for the company files you’re trying to connect to. Ensure that this correctly states where the company files are stored on your computer. Enter the Dummy Username and Password created in the steps above and click ‘Link company and perform sync'.
- You’ll see a message saying “Accounting Software Linked. Click 'OK' to finish the installation process. Once the first sync is performed the connector will close, but will still be running in the background.
- Return to your web browser and click ‘Continue' to navigate back to Receipt Bank.
- In Receipt Bank, select a default tax rate set for your Cost items in order to publish them to Sage 50. We recommend "Standard rated transactions (T1)" then click 'Next'
- On the final popup click 'Finish' to complete the integration process.
- If the sync fails at this point then it is recommended to uninstall the connector, return to Receipt Bank, and re-start the integration process.
The connector must be running the background to use the integration.
You must have a default tax rate set for your Cost items in order to publish them to Sage 50. If you did not set this up during the integration:
- Navigate to the Connections section of the menu and click on Integrations.
- Scroll down to the ‘Tax Settings’ section and apply the following settings:
- ‘Use tax list’ should be turned to ON and the ‘Default tax code’ should be set (we recommend that this is set to “Standard rated transactions (T1)”
Please note that it can take several minutes for the tax codes to load after you have completed the initial integration process.
Navigate to the Lists section of the menu and click on Categories to ensure that your Chart of Accounts has successfully imported from Sage 50.
If they haven’t yet imported, click ‘Reload Lists’ and wait a few minutes.