Use Fetch to automatically collect your bills and invoices from supplier websites.
This means that you don’t have to spend any more time logging into websites, finding your documents and downloading them. Instead, Dext Prepare will automatically check each of your authorised suppliers once a week and add any new documentation straight to the inbox.
NOTE: Bank Fetch is currently only available in Australia, for Streamline and Optimize accounts. For more information about Bank Fetch, please contact your Account Development Consultant.
How to set up a Fetch connection:
- Click Connections in the sidebar menu and select either Costs or Bank:
- Click Add Connection Select one of the suppliers recommended by Dext Prepare, or:
- Click Full List and use the search bar to locate suppliers and banks to connect to Fetch (or browse our full list of supported suppliers).
- Use the login details for the supplier portal to authenticate the connection (if you’re an Accountant or Bookkeeper setting up Fetch for a client, you will need to use your clients’ login credentials, or send a request to your client to connect by following these Instructions
- Select whether to import all historical documents hosted on the supplier portal, or the date range that you select.
- Click Connect to start the connection process:
- A popup will ask you to keep the tab of your browser open while Dext Prepare completes the connection. You can continue to use the Web App in another browser tab while this takes place.
- If Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required, another popup will prompt you for the additional information. This is usually an SMS or email message with a one-use code. Enter this and click Send.
- Once successful, you will return to the Connections page with the status 'Login Successful.' Use this screen to edit any of the details associated with a connection, or delete it.
After the initial set up, Fetch will collect any documents already present in the supplier portal and post them to the client’s inbox within 48 hours. Following that, Dext Prepare will check for and download any new documentation from the portal on a weekly basis.
Occasionally your Fetch connection can be disrupted (e.g. if you change your password or set up 2-factor authorisation). If this occurs, a user will receive an email and a warning message will be clearly displayed in the ‘Connected Suppliers’ page with instructions on how to resolve the issue.
How to send a request for your client to connect to a supplier.
1. Search for the supplier that you require, or use the suggested suppliers list, and click on the Ask client to connect button
2. A confirmation box will appear and click yes to send an email to your client.
3. Your client will need to click on the Connect Supplier button in the email and log-in to Dext Prepare to see your request.
4. Your client will now click Connect to start the connection process:
- A popup will ask them to keep the tab of their browser open while Dext Prepare completes the connection.
- If Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required, another popup will prompt them for the additional information. This is usually an SMS or email message with a one-use code. They need to enter this code and click Send.
- Once successful, an email will be sent to confirm the client has connected to the supplier.