Bank Match is an automated feature that identifies Receipt Bank items that already have a matching transaction in your accounting software Bank Feed or cash coded payments.
Note: this feature is only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline & Optimize products. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
Bank Match skips the manual process of publishing. Instead of manually selecting individual records to publish to your accounting software, press the 'Bank Match' button, and your transaction will be sent straight to reconcile against the corresponding entry in the your accounting software Bank feed.
When working in the Inbox, you may notice green and black icons in the ‘Match’ column of your accounting software integrated accounts.
Bank Match: This document matches an entry on your accounting software Bank Feed. Use Bank Match to publish the item straight from Receipt Bank to reconcile in your accounting software.
An account showing the Bank Match icon under the Match column for successfully matched items
Matching items are determined based on:
- Matching total amount
- Matching payment date (Match considers entries paid within the next 10 days of the document date, to allow for payment to be taken from the bank account).
Hover your mouse over the ‘Match’ icon to review information about your matching Xero transaction.
Bank Match with Xero
This section will demonstrate how to use Bank Match with Xero.
- Click into the Receipt Details page for the item. Review the Category field and any other tracking information.
- Click 'Autofill Payment' to complete the Payment details for this item. The data is pulled through from Xero.
- Publish your item. You can find it in the 'Reconcile' screen in Xero.
Using Bank Match with Sage Accounting
- Click into the Receipt
- Details page for the item. As the data already matches the Sage Bank Feed, you just need to review the Category field and any other tracking information.
- The ‘Payment’ section of the Receipt Details page will now display a ‘Bank Match’ screen. This prompts you to autofill the Payment Details so that the data exactly matches the Sage Bank Feed.
- Press ‘Autofill Payment’ and publish your item. It will now be present in the ‘Banking’ section of Sage, ready for reconciliation!