You may see this error if the user specified would not have the correct permissions set within Xero to publish to the Classic Expense Claims (CEC) section in Xero.
For example, if the user has a “read-only” user role in Xero, they would receive this error message if they try to publish an item to the CEC section.
- In Xero, click on your organization name in the top left
- Select 'Settings' from the drop down
- From the page, select 'Users'
- Once in the Users section, select the three vertical dots to the right of the log, and then 'Change Permissions'
You can find more information about the User roles in Xero in these two articles:
Bear in mind that in order to publish to Classic Expense Claims, the Business and Accounting checkbox should be marked as per the screenshot below:
After marking this, you can choose a role for the user by following the guides above in Xero.
6. Publish the items again despite the error message showing
This should fix the error message, however, if you still have any troubles with it, feel free to contact our support team.