Note: This feature is only available in South Africa and is in early access. If you would like to use this feature - and provide feedback on it - please contact your Account Manager.
Receipt Bank has a CSV export format specifically designed to import your costs data into Sage Pastel Cashbooks. In order to use it, you must first ensure that your Receipt Bank account contains the same categories and payment methods as Sage.
Setting up in Receipt Bank
1. Export your General Ledger Accounts from Sage Pastel as a .csv file by clicking File then Export/Import. This will become your Category list in Receipt Bank. Make sure to select the correct range of accounts.
2. In Receipt Bank, import this .csv as your categories following the instructions on this page. Make sure you select the Category name to match the Description column, and ensure the Category Code matches the Account number.
3. Similarly, add your payment methods to Receipt Bank following the instructions on this page. Make sure that the references in Receipt Bank are identical to those in your Sage Pastel file.
Exporting data from Receipt Bank
Click on Costs and then Inbox on the sidebar. Add any relevant Categories and Payment methods for the items in your inbox as usual. Please note that Sage Pastel can only import a single tax rate per receipt or invoice so if an item contains multiple across several lines, split it into multiple items following these instructions.
When you are ready to export the data:
1. Select the items you want to export by using the tick boxes in the left-hand most column. Click on the Export icon at the top of the inbox.
2. Select Sage Pastel in the 'Format' dropdown. Set the start of the financial period you are exporting for, and then save the file by clicking Generate.
Importing the CSV into Sage Pastel Cashbooks
Once you've exported the file from within Receipt Bank, in Sage Pastel:
1. Navigate to the Process menu, and then select Process Cashbook in Sage Pastel. On the bottom of the Cashbook click on the Batch button, and select Import.
2. Select the file you had exported from Receipt Bank to process it into your Sage Pastel Cashbook.
Note: You can only import items from one bank account at a time. If your Costs inbox contains items from a variety of bank accounts you can use the advanced search to filter out different payment methods. Click here to find out more.