By integrating Receipt Bank with ApprovalMax, users integrated with Xero can easily process invoices, bills, and expenses, deduplicate, and auto-approve them for smoother routing and easier bookkeeping.
Note: Integration to Xero with ApprovalMax is currently in Beta. If you are interested in trying this feature to create a leaner approval process with Xero, please contact your Account Manager.
ApprovalMax must already be connected to Xero before you connect Receipt Bank to ApprovalMax.
Prerequisites to integrate in Receipt Bank
Before integrating, within ApprovalMax:
- Check your ApprovalMax Organisation for an active Xero connection, or start a new trial Organisation and connect it to Xero. You can find more information on connecting ApprovalMax to Xero on this article.
- After doing this, set up and activate the Bill Review and Approval workflow, which is shown on this short video guide.
How to integrate
Once you have completed the two prerequisites within ApprovalMax, log into your Receipt Bank account on your web browser, and:
- Access 'Connections', and then ‘Integration’ in the navigational sidebar.
- Press the ‘Choose Integration’ button, and select 'ApprovalMax' from the options provided.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and log into your ApprovalMax account when prompted.
How it works
Once you have integrated Receipt Bank to work with ApprovalMax, this is how the integration will work to ensure you can process and approve documents faster into Xero. The process below all happens with the help of algorithms for speed and accuracy.
- After extracting the relevant invoice data, we will enter the information into bill fields and attach an invoice scan to the digital invoice copy before publishing it to ApprovalMax for authorization.
- In ApprovalMax, each invoice is then routed to the appropriate manager with the specified authorization level, as determined in the system.
- Once approved via the web or mobile app, bills are assigned the 'Awaiting Payment' status and published to Xero. A notification about the successful authorisation is sent to the specified address.
- A detailed audit report containing the approvers’ names and dates, among other data, is created automatically and attached to each approved document. It can then be accessed directly from Xero.