Connect Dext Prepare to QuickBooks Desktop using the Dext Connect app in order to link your submitted documents and publish them between Dext Prepare and QuickBooks Desktop with ease.
Important Notes: QuickBooks Desktop integration is available in the United States and Canada for Partners on Streamline, Optimize, Business Plus, or Business Premium plans. Availability for the United Kingdom is coming soon.
For Partners on either Extract, unlimited or legacy pricing, or accounts on Business plans, please contact your Account Manager to upgrade to a Premium plan for publishing receipts.
Please also ensure the following prerequisites are met for successful integration.
- You must be the administrator of your own computer or server.
- You must have the same company file open in QuickBooks Desktop as you would like to integrate Dext Prepare with. No other company files should be open at the time you integrate.
- The Dext Connect app must be installed and set up on the same computer or server as QuickBooks Desktop.
- Only the user who set up integration will be able to publish items to QuickBooks Desktop. Other users can still upload, view, or edit items via the Dext Prepare web application.
- Download the Dext Connect Application here:
- Doubleclick on the file to start the installer: the installation may take between 2 and 20 minutes depending on your computer. When installing, Windows might display the following message:
This is common for new software that has just been released. To continue, click 'More info' and then select 'Run anyway'.
- Once installed, start the application from the desktop shortcut and log into your Dext Prepare account with your usual credentials.
- Click on the 'Integrate' button in Dext Connect, and select the correct company file.
- After integration, please allow a few minutes for all the category codes and lists to synchronize.
- Once integrated, you can update your tax settings within Dext Connect.
How to use the Dext Connect App with Dext Prepare
- Add your documents to Dext Prepare
- Edit, automate, match, and mark as paid all your documents in the Dext Prepare web application as normal. You can also click 'Edit in Web' in the Connect app:
- To publish items, you will need to use your Dext Connect application. Click "Publish' next to the item.
- Complete the reconciliation process in Quickbooks. The document image is attached to the transaction.