Bank Statement Extraction is a great tool to save you time. Simply upload your pdf Bank Statement to Dext Prepare and we will extract the information from every transaction and return the data to you.
This article explains the whole process, which you can scroll down to read or click on the links to jump to a section:
- Adding a Bank Account
- Submitting your Bank Statements
- The Extraction Process
- Exporting your Bank data
- This process can take up to 24 hours to complete, but overall 75% of statements are processed in under 4 hours. Submitting a scanned pdf bank statement tends to take longer on average. A digital or native pdf results in a much faster extraction and may be processed in just a few minutes.
- This service is only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline and Optimize accounts. Admin users can add or upgrade Bank Statement Extraction on the ‘Subscription page’ in the ‘My Profile’ section in the Dext web app.
Adding a Bank Account:
2. Search for the name of your Bank, add the Account Name, enter the last 4 digits of the Account Number, and select the Currency, and then click Add. A list of supported banks can be found here.
Submitting your statements:
3. Click to select your files from your computer or drag and drop the files on to the green area. Please note the file size limit is 50MB and a minimum 200dpi resolution for an original scanned statement.
4. You will receive a notification to confirm that your upload was successful
6. If you have made a mistake or no longer need the statement extracted, then you can click on the red Cancel Extraction button and you will be asked to confirm the cancellation. The item will be removed from processing and you will not be charged.
Please note you are unable to cancel the extraction after an item has been processed.
The Extraction Process
- The bank statement data extractions process can take up to 24 hours to complete but overall 75% of our statements are processed in under 4 hours.
- Submitting a scanned pdf bank statement tends to take longer on average because of the differences in picture quality. Larger bank statements composed of 50+ pages also tend to take longer to process.
- A digital or native pdf results in a much faster extraction and may be processed in just a few minutes.
- If your bank statement contains duplicate pages within the submission, these will not be extracted and not included in your Transactions tab.
Not all Bank Statements are able to be successfully extracted. You will not be charged for any rejected statements. Bank statements may be rejected for one of the following reasons:
- Bank Statements from multiple banks or bank accounts are not able to be processed in the same file.
- Bank Statements containing images captured with a camera are unable to be accurately read by our extraction software. Scans or digital copies in PDF or TIFF are acceptable.
- Bank Statements with a low scan quality are unable to be accurately read by our extraction software. We recommend at least 200dpi from an original source.
- Bank Statements from multiple sources are unable to be processed. For example, the file is a combination of scans of postal copies and online downloads. Or the pattern of data is not consistent, for example the order or the columns changes over subsequent pages.
- Bank Statements with an excessive amount of handwriting in the numerical columns are unable to be accurately read by our extraction software. Ticks and infrequent annotations are generally accepted if they don't overlap with the data.
- Bank Statements with no transactions present.
Your rejected Bank Statements can be found in the Collected Statements tab and if you hover over the Rejected status the rejection reason will be displayed.
How to Download Bank Statement Data:
- If you notice an error in the data extraction of a bank statement. Select the statement using the checkboxes on the left and then click the Report Mistake button.
- This will resubmit the bank statement for extraction at no extra charge.