The Match features allows you to quickly identify Receipt Bank items that already have a matching transaction in your Sage Bank Feed.
Note: this feature is only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline & Optimize products. Find out more about the different Receipt Bank products here.
This allows you to skip the normal process of publishing and approving Receipt Bank items in Sage. Instead, your transactions will be sent directly to reconcile against the Bank Feed.
Bank Match skips the normal process of publishing and approving payments in Sage. Instead, press the 'Bank Match' button, and your transaction will be sent straight to reconcile against the Sage Bank feed.
Paperwork Match looks at existing Sage payments that don't have an attached image. Don't worry about trying to merge it with the Receipt Bank entry, just press the 'Paperwork Match' button and we'll attach the document image to your existing Sage records.
Matching items are determined based on:
- Matching supplier names
- Matching total amount
- Matching payment date (Match considers entries paid within 10 days of the document date, to allow for payment to be taken from the bank account).
When working in a Client Inbox, you may see black Bank and Green Match icons in the ‘Match’ column of Sage-integrated accounts.
This indicates that a matching transaction has been identified in the Sage Bank Feed. Hover your mouse over the ‘Match’ icon to review about your matching Sage transaction.
- Click into the Receipt
- Details page for the item. As the data already matches the Sage Bank Feed, you just need to review the Category field and any other tracking information.
- The ‘Payment’ section of the Receipt Details page will now display a ‘Bank Match’ screen. This prompts you to autofill the Payment Details so that the data exactly matches the Sage Bank Feed.
- Press ‘Autofill Payment’ and publish your item. It will now be present in the ‘Banking’ section of Sage, ready for reconciliation!
- Click the green ‘Paperwork Match’ icon.
- The document image will be automatically attached to the corresponding payment in Sage. We will not publish any data from Receipt Bank, as the payment already exists within Sage.