This is a guide how to connect your Sage 50 account with the Dext Connect desktop application.
This is a Beta test and we're inviting streamline and optimize partners in the UK who currently use V1 of Sage 50 (CSV export format). Please contact your Account Manager to find out more.
Windows 7 and above
Sage 50 2015 or newer
- You must must be an administrator on your local computer or server
- You must have a separate user account set up in Sage 50 to perform the integration with
- You must install the Connect application on the same computer or server that Sage 50 is installed on
- You must be able to whitelist Dext Connect on your antivirus or firewall software
There are 3 main steps to follow to complete this process.
Create a new user in Sage 50
Before you can integrate with Dext Connect a new user must be created in Sage 50 to act as the connection between the two pieces of software.
To create a new user, log-on to Sage 50 and into the company account that you would like to connect.
To add a new user, Access Rights need to be enabled. To do so follow these steps:
- Click Settings then click Company Preferences and click Parameters.
- In the Others area select the Access Rights check box then click OK.
Once Access Rights are enabled, follow these steps to add a new user:
1. Click on Settings then click Access Rights and then New
2. Complete the details for your new user, ensure they have full access and then click OK
To download and install Dext Connect follow these steps:
1. Download Dext Connect here:
2. Double-click on the file to start the installer.
2a. When installing, Windows might display the following message:
This is common for new software that has just been released. To continue click More info and then select Run anyway.
Agree to the License Agreement and select the installation folder. This must be on the same computer or server as Sage 50 is installed on.
3. Once installed, start the application from the desktop shortcut and log into your Dext Prepare account with your usual credentials.
Complete the integration
Return to Dext Connect and follow these steps:
1. Select the account that you wish to connect and click on the green Integrate button
2. Select the Sage 50 application from the list of available applications and click OK
3. Click the Select Company button and browse to find the folder of the Sage 50 company that you want to integrate and then click Next
4. Log in to Sage 50 using the new user credentials that you created earlier and click Integrate
4. On the next screen choose the tax status of this account, including default tax codes, default cost codes and whether multiple currencies should be published to this account.
5. Click Finish on the next screen.
6. If you need to change the tax settings, access the client account and click Integration in the bottom left.
How to use Dext Connect to review and publish documents
Once your accounts are linked with Sage 50, use the Dext Connect app and Dext Prepare to review documents and publish them to Sage 50.
1. Click View next to a client's name to access their Dext Prepare account