Some aspects of this feature are in stages of BETA, and may not be accessible to all users.
After you’ve integrated Receipt Bank with QuickBooks Desktop, the program that connects these softwares is designed to run constantly so that the category and supplier lists are regularly updated [every 24 hours].
If you’ve noticed that the supplier or category lists haven’t been updating, you should check if the connector is running, and if not, manually resync the connector by doing the following:
Check if the connector is running:
- Open Windows Task Manager [by pressing CTRL, Shift, ESC at the same time, or by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting Task Manager]
- Select the ‘Details’ tab
- Look for the QuickBooksDesktopConnector.exe program. If you cannot find this program, then the connector has stopped running. Restart the connector by following the instructions for Restart the Connector below.
If the program is present then the connector is running. You can expect the Category and Supplier lists to be synced within the next 24 hours. If you would like a change in QBD to be immediately recognised in Receipt Bank you need to follow these steps to manually sync your connector and then reload your lists in RB.
Restart the Connector:
- Open Windows Explorer [by pressing WIN and E at the same time]
- Type or copy/paste %LocalAppData%\Codat into the address bar and press enter
- Look for the file named QuickBooksConnector.exe [or just QuickBooksConnector] or and double click it to run the connector.