Note February 2021: This article refers to an older version of our Sage 50 integration. Click here for instructions on how to use our new Dext Connect app to seamlessly integrate with your Sage 50 accounts.
Please note that our Sage 50 integration is unavailable in the US or France.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Internet Speed: Average UK speeds (at least 10 Mb/s)
Minimum Disk Space: At least 100MB per company file
After you’ve integrated Dext Prepare with Sage 50, the program that connects the software is designed to run constantly so that the category and supplier lists are regularly updated [every 24 hours].
If the supplier or category lists have not been updating, then you should try the following three options. Checking that the connector is running, then manually resync the connection, and finally restart the connector.
Check if the connector is running:
- Open Windows Task Manager [by pressing CTRL, Shift, ESC at the same time, or by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting Task Manager]
- Select the ‘Details’ tab
- Look for the Sage50Connector program.
- If you cannot find this program, then the connector has stopped running. Restart the connector by following the instructions below.
Restart the Connector:
- Open Windows Explorer [also known as 'My Computer' or 'File Explorer']
- Type or copy/paste %LocalAppData%\Codat into the address bar and press enter
- Look for the file named Sage50Connector and double click it to run the connector.
Manually Resync the Connection:
- Open the Windows System Tray [located by the icons and clock in the bottom-right of the screen] and right-click the older Receipt Bank icon and select Open Sage 50 connector.
- Choose which company you’d like to queue a sync for and click ‘Perform sync’.
- The sync will begin and will take between 1 and 10 minutes.
- Once the sync is successfully completed return to Receipt Bank and click `Account Settings’.
- If you have a Streamline or Optimize subscription, click on the `Maintain Lists’ page in the left-hand menu. If you have an Extract subscription, click 'Categories' instead.
- Click `Reload All Lists’ in the top-right hand corner of the page.