The File Storage connections allow you to backup your items to the cloud storage providers Dropbox and Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive (+Sharepoint*). More options are coming soon.
*Moving items between Sharepoint and OneDrive is very easy following these instructions here. Setting up a OneDrive connection through Dext Prepare allows you to utilise both pieces of software.
To create a File Storage connection, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Connections and then click on File Storage
- Click on the file storage software of your choice and then follow the sign-in instructions to give Dext Prepare permissions to access your account
- A successful integration notification will appear and the page will display the location of the folder where your backed up items will be sent
- To begin uploading your items click the green Backup all button which will begin uploading all your costs and sales items to your cloud storage provider
- Auto-backup will upload any new items that have been submitted to Dext Prepare to your cloud storage provider. Simply click the toggle to ON to enable Auto-backup
- To identify which items have been successfully backed up, add the Backup column to your Costs or Sales inbox by clicking on the Table settings cog and selecting Backup. A ✅ icon represents a successful backup, a ⏰ icon represents a backup in progress
- If the backup fails, and a ❗️circle icon is displayed. Refresh the page, select or filter the failed items and then click the Backup button
- To manually backup items from your Costs or Sales archive, simply select the checkboxes for those items and click the Backup button
- To Change or Disable a connection to your cloud storage provider. On the main File Storage page click on the Change button and then click Disable