The Costs Workspace contains all of the receipts, invoices and other financial documents that your business uses to purchase goods and services.
This is separate to the ‘Sales’ Workspace, where financial documents for your businesses accounts receivable are extracted and stored.
Each time a user on the account adds a new Cost document to Receipt Bank, we'll extract the visible data and present the item in the Inbox of the Costs section.
Your Costs Workspace is split into five sections:
- In Processing
- To Review
The Inbox displays all your items that are in the Ready or To Review sections.
In Processing displays the items that are currently being processed and an estimate on the time remaining.
The Archive is where your items are kept after they have been published or manually archived.
The main Workspace is broken up into columns. The Primary columns indicate the following:
- Status : This indicates whether an item has; been viewed, is ready to be published, or has been edited.
- User : shows which Client User submitted the item.
- Date : shows the date that the document was issued. If Receipt Bank cannot detect a date on the document image, it will use the date that the item was submitted instead.
- Supplier : shows the supplier who issued the item/document.
- Category : shows which section of your Chart of Accounts this item will be recorded under. You can quickly edit this using the drop-down menu in each row.
- Total : shows the currency and total value of the item, including the tax amount.
- Tax : shows the tax amount of the item.
Additional columns can be added using the Table Settings menu:
- Invoice Number : shows the Invoice Number from the item
- Base Total : shows the Base Total of the transaction
- Payment : shows the method of payment.
- Project : shows the name of the 1st Project the cost has been assigned to.
- Type : Indicates the Type of document has been submitted. (E.G: Invoice, Receipt, Credit Note). Clicking on the Type field for a single item will navigate you to the Receipt Details page, which provides a more in-depth view of the item.
- Note/Message : Receipt Bank will leave Notes next to items that require attention. These will let you know important information about an item that may not be immediately visible. (E.G: duplicate items that have been submitted and automatically merged).
- Due Date : shows the due date of the item
- Description : shows the description that has been added to the item
- Customer : shows the customer for the item
- Item ID : shows the unique Receipt Bank item ID
You can click on each of these columns to organise your inbox according to their criteria.
You can transfer documents between the Costs and Sales Workspaces by selecting the item using the checkboxes down the left-hand side of the page and clicking ’Tools’ and ‘Convert to Sales’.